Friday, December 7, 2012

The Final Trimester

The fun and crazy month of December is here, and it is doing its thing. I am doing my best to stay on the ball and keep my joyful spirit. In years past, the stress has gotten to me, and I have worked hard in recent years to avoid that Scrooge attitude. So far, so good. Lots of Advent activities and Christmas preparation. Another birthday party is in the works, too, as Eli is closing in on his 6th birthday.

Amidst all of this, Blueberry continues to grow and do his thing. He says hello each day with his crazy kicks, somersaults, and way too many Braxton Hicks contractions....up to 20 a day...and some kinda hurt. Ouch! I have also begun to feel some swelling in my ankles and lower legs. Yuck! Last week, we hit the third trimester, and that means we are in the home stretch. Definitely starting to feel a dip in my energy level, but my hit-or-miss sleep schedule may also be a contributing factor. Overall, I'm feeling OK and hanging in there.

The bump is getting bigger every day, and I think my belly button may even pop out this time. Fun! 


A funny story from a few weeks ago when I went to take do my Glucose Test. I brought Jude along, and he was being an angel in the waiting room. Then it came time to drink the "juice," and Jude had an all out, throw down fit in front of the entire waiting room because I wouldn't share my juice with him. All I could do was laugh....and chug. I drank that bottle down faster than ever before to try to end the dramatic scene. Thankfully, he calmed quickly and was a sweet boy the rest of the time. And even more thankfully, I passed my test. 

Crazy, crazy, crazy. And I'm OK with that. And that's a good thing 'cause it is bound to get crazier come February. 


1 comment:

  1. It is really unfair how great you look when you are pregnant! The only thing that has gotten bigger is your belly and it is perfectly round! Glad you are nearing the home stretch. Can't wait to meet the new little guy!

    ReplyDelete