Friday, November 16, 2012

A Camping They Did Go

Over Veteran's Day weekend, Daddy took Eli on his very first camping trip....just the two of them. They headed west to a State Park for a one night adventure. Eli was beyond excited and did very well.  Daddy sent me pictures throughout which is exactly what this Mama wanted. I felt as if I could see the pure joy on Eli's face in each picture. I could tell he was having a ball! From setting up the tent (serious business, ya know?), finding new plants on the "hike", getting to use Daddy's pocket knife (...but not the actual knife!) to "carve" some wood, cooking hot dogs and s'mores over the fire, sleeping in the tent, and waking up for some yummy waffles and hot chocolate at Waffle House.

First campout = a success! I have a feeling there will be more as Eli (...and Daddy!) is already planning them. But this time, he wants Mommy to come too. 


No comments:

Post a Comment