Thursday, January 5, 2012

Christmas Card Craziness

Trying to capture a picture worthy of sending with our Christmas card every year is always a challenge. This year was no different.

Attempt #1:


Jude was NOT in the mood for pictures, but Eli was super fun and silly.  I ended up using a solo of E from this day in our final pic.

Attempt #2:


Tried to get a solo of Jude during his happy time of day to possibly put along with the solo I got of Eli the other day.  He was NOT thrilled with my idea of wearing a hat....I can't tell you how many shots I have of him pulling it off.  Despite the struggle, I did manage to snap a few nice ones of the babe, and I ended up using one from this bunch in the final pic.

**added after the original post: Forgot that I made a minor effort to get a Christmas card snapshot during Eli's birthday outing at the park.  It was seriously in the running***


 

Attempt #3


Even though I had good individual pictures to use, we were hoping to try one last time to get one of the boys together.  I got some OK ones, but focusing issues, fleeting smiles, and drifting glances kept me from being 100% satisfied.....and oh yeah, there was that snake too.  Eeek! That sure cut our photo shoot short. 

So we ended up with solo pictures of the boys this year.  And to top it off, because of the excessive attempts and deliberation, the cards went out after Christmas.  Oops!  Oh well, better late than never.


Happy New Year from Our Gang of Four!

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures, Katie! I love them ALL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love all of them. i think pictures that are not posed or planned are the best anyways! hope y'all had fun with all your family in town! it was great to see Theresa.

    ReplyDelete