Thursday, November 4, 2010

Crazy, Crazy Week

We have had a crazy week trying to prepare for Jellybean's arrival. We thought Monday night was the night and that we were headed to the hospital to meet the newest addition to the family. It turns out, I was in false labor and was glad we didn't rush to the hospital, only to be turned away and sent home. I was having contractions 5 minutes apart for 2 hours and decided that if this was really it, I wanted a shower. Once in the shower, the contractions stopped. An hour later...they were back and closer, but then stopped as suddenly as they started. And then there was the one that was so intense, it woke me up from a sound sleep at 1 in the morning. Of course, I couldn't go back to sleep after that. I kept waiting for more to follow. And they never did. Saw my doctor today, and he was not fazed in the slightest. So, that means, unless Jellybean gets antsy again, we are down to 8 more days. Next Friday is the BIG day.

I'm beginning to think the false labor was God's way of kicking my booty into gear to get ready for this baby since nesting never really hit. Or maybe that is what you call running around the last day or two, gathering last minute items, washing baby clothes, packing bags, finalizing plans, etc. Maybe I'm finally nesting. But only because I thought I had to. Oh well, we are pretty much set at this point.

In other news:
  • We finally got the time to work in Eli's new bedroom. He was super excited to put the first paint on the walls. It has dried a lovely avocado green to coordinate with the new bedding. Daddy is hopefully going to finish putting the furniture together tonight, and I'll have pictures of Eli's "big boy bedroom" to share soon.



  • It was Halloween weekend, so we, of course, managed to squeeze in some pumpkin carving after a long day of moving furniture, taping, painting, and football watching (yay, the Gators pulled out an OT win over UGA this weekend! about darn time. that 3 game losing streak was tough to endure, and our season is still not over.)




  • And then there was Halloween night. We invited some friends over to go Trick-or-Treating in our neighborhood this year. Eli changed his mind about his costume 3 times during the month of October. He started out wanting to be Peter Pan (his favorite movie lately), and I quickly made arrangements to borrow that costume from a friend. Score! Too bad a week or two later, he wanted to be Superman. I put off buying the cheesy and pricey costume just in case he changed his mind. He didn't. As we headed to the store to bite the bullet and purchase the costume the week of Halloween, we found they didn't have one in his size anymore. While there, he saw some pirate accessories and changed his mind for the 3rd time. So, Pirate Eli (or Captain Pan as he sometimes liked to be called) and his buddies hit the streets to knock on doors and collect the treats. Eli loved it, and once we convinced him he didn't need to ride in the wagon, he RAN from house to house. It made my heart swell every time I heard him say, "Thank you and Happy Halloween!" That's my boy.









  • Last but not least, I think Eli knows that a massive change is coming to the Carson household. He has been more emotional and even defiant at times. It has been a rough week or two around here. We are trying to keep our cool and be consistent. Easier said than done, for sure.
I think that is it. Definitely enough for one post. All I have left to say is:

Let the baby countdown begin!

2 comments:

  1. super cute - and fun to see Auntie Kris10 also :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I'm not crazy for thinking that you can trick or treat before sunset. We tried that last year and everyone thought we were nuts. I stayed home w/ the toddler this year, because it was too late for her. Great pics as always!!!

    ReplyDelete