Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Perfect Shower

I'm a bit behind. Got a few things to blog about, but the end of this pregnancy is starting to slow me down in a big way. Teaching in the mornings is making me pooped. When I get home, all I wanna do is either sit on the couch and nap/do nothing but veg out while E naps, or use what little energy I have to take care of a project that is needing doing. Housework? Cooking? Grocery shopping? What's that? We don't have much in the way of food around here. Just enough to get by. I haven't been to the store in a couple of weeks....I just can't muster up the energy in the afternoon to head back out and walk around a grocery store.

For a little bit, I thought we were going to have a baby Monday. Had a couple pretty intense contractions (along with about 30-40 milder ones sporadically throughout the day), but they settled down. Baby boy has dropped a bit and is getting ready to make his entrance into the world. Still a little over 2 weeks from the scheduled date, but maybe this little guy is getting antsy and wants to come out and play.

That just means, we need to get our booties into gear and get all of our final projects finished pronto.

And thank goodness, I have the sweetest friends. A group of friends took me out to dinner and showered me with diapers, wipes and books galore.


Just what Baby #2 needs! Now we don't have to worry about stocking up on diapers before his arrival. One less thing to do. Yee haw! And to be honest, it couldn't have been more perfect. I've never been a good "guest of honor" at a shower. I always feel awkward and uncomfortable as the center of attention. Even on my wedding day, I wanted to downplay the attention, so a nice dinner with friends was absolutely PERFECT!


Thanks for the beautiful books, the necessary diapers & wipes, and the fabulous company, ladies. I feel bad not making sure we got a group shot before we left. You all are the best. You know how to make a girl (and her baby) feel loved.

1 comment: