Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Adventures in Baking with a Toddler

We do love our chocolate chip cookies around here....especially lately. That is Mommy's favorite pregnancy food. And since baking your own is always fun, and Eli loves to help make a mess, we decided to whip up a batch of my favorite recipe for chocolate chip cookies.....



HALLOWEEN style.


I know, I know, chocolate chip cookie batter is not really a cookie cutter batter, but we figured we'd try anyways. Didn't turn out too well; just made big, blobby-shaped cookies. They still taste fine, and they are, as Daddy dubbed them, "fancy."


E was having a blast with the sprinkles. I decided to let him go at it. He didn't really get the theme of Halloween colors, but he had fun just the same.


Abandoned the idea of Halloween-shaped cookies and went with normal ones, with lots of sprinkles of course.




And don't worry, I didn't let him eat too much batter, but how can I deny a child the pleasure of licking the spoon? He was a happy camper.

And though it was a lot of fun baking with my boy, my feet and ankles didn't appreciate it too much. Fat ankles and swollen piggies. Needless to say, I had Daddy pick up dinner on his way home that night; something I do frequently these days as Jellybean's due date nears. A little over 3 weeks to go. Hmmmm....wonder when I'll start nesting?? Hope it kicks in soon as there are many things to finalize and finish before his big debut.


1 comment:

  1. I think take out for the next few weeks sounds perfect. Rest your feet as much as possible! I can't wait to see pictures of jellybean with his big brother!

    ReplyDelete