Thursday, September 30, 2010

Down to 6 Weeks

It is official (unless he decides he wants to come out and greet us early), Jellybean's birthday has been scheduled. Since Eli was an emergency C-section, Jellybean will be a scheduled one. I know there is lots of debate about it, and yes, I have read the latest report from the ACOG, but if I want to keep my doctor (and I love my doctor), this one had to be scheduled. No attempt at a VBAC for me. I have been fine going along with it, but now that it is scheduled and all, I won't lie, I feel a bit anxious. And I'm sure the anxiety between now and then will only grow.

Everything just kinda happened, and quickly, last time around. This time, anticipating the surgery and all that goes along with it....as well as the recovery (ugh!)...will be tough.

Bottom line though, just like last time, I get what I want in the end: my baby! That is all that matters. All of this being said, I would totally appreciate your prayers as Jellybean's birthday approaches.

So, without further ado....Jellybean's birthday will (most likely) be NOVEMBER 12th!!!

The math nerd in me loves the date: 11/12.

We are excited and realizing that these final weeks will FLY by. Trying to get into the nesting mode, but exhaustion has been getting to me. Laziness is overpowering any desire to nest at this point. I do well under pressure and with a deadline, so I'm sure everything will be ready by the time he is here. Good news: the nursery is done! Ok, ok, it was already done; it was Eli's nursery. Not-so-good news: Eli's new room is no where near ready. Gotta get on that. Gotta pull out and wash the clothes that had been packed away after Eli outgrew them. Gotta work on our list of names. Gotta, gotta, gotta.... Again, I know it will get done. Just not today. :)

The belly continues to grow, and Jellybean is a movin' and a shakin'. Always fun, until he punches a kidney and takes my breath away. Eli was sitting in my lap last night, and as he began to say his prayers, Jellybean decided to karate chop Eli in the back. The look on Eli's face as he spun around was priceless! We all erupted into a fit of the giggles after that.


A pic from a couple of weeks ago...about 31 weeks here. Working out is not really happening anymore. Too tired and too awkward. Teaching keeps me up and on my feet each day. That counts for something, right?

6 weeks and counting!!

1 comment:

  1. I love his bday!! You are BEAUTIFUL!!! Can't believe you look fabulous so far along!!

    ReplyDelete