Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Happy Birthday, Kelly!

Yesterday, my sweet sister, Kelly, would have celebrated her 32nd birthday. I spent most of the morning in a funk, and poor Eli was not sure why. When I talked to him more about his Aunt Kelly's birthday, he listened intently and wanted to wrap her up a present.

Later when he woke up from his nap, we had the following conversation:
E: I'm a little bit sad.

M: Awww, why Babe?

E: I miss Aunt Kelly.

M: I miss her too. (with tears in my eyes)

E: I miss your brudder Kelly.

M: I miss my sister Kelly too, Baby.

E: She had a dog. (big hug and cuddles for Mommy.)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Kelly!
Eli said it best. We miss you, Kelly. Yesterday, today, everyday.
_

2 comments:

  1. KT, I always love your honesty and emotion when it comes to Kelly... my heart aches for you and I an always reminded how precious life it and what a gift each day is!! Thank you for sharing and squeeze that sweet Eli!!

    ReplyDelete