Thursday, April 2, 2009

April Showers

OK, so April is definitely starting off with showers, er....make that thunderstorms! We've had rain here since Tuesday afternoon. Being cooped up in the house for that long will make many people crazy, but toddlers especially. In between rain bands, Eli and I headed out for some puddle jumping.


I'm a little bummed that is has rained most of Spring Break, but we're hanging in there. When not getting into trouble for not listening, Eli and I have tried to keep busy with baking (come back later for another post on some of the recipes we've tried lately!), a few errands, and lots of imaginary play time.

And, yes, you heard correctly...Eli has been getting into trouble a bit lately. It mostly stems from not listening. Shopping has been the biggest nightmare lately. I'm trying to make plans to go when he doesn't have to come with or Matt can come along to help. You see, Eli is anti-shopping cart right now...except when it comes to pushing the cart. I've tried several different approaches and tactics from bribery to choices to bringing along snacks. Nothing seems to work 100% of the time. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only Mommy stressing about this time in our week. I'd be open to suggestions as to how to make it more bearable. I have nearly left behind a full cart to get my melting-down little one out of there. Thankfully, he seems to get a hold of himself just in time....a little too late for my nerves and patience though.

On a happier note (no pun intended...), Eli remains quite musical and is singing along to any and all songs. His favorite musician these days is Laurie Berkner. We checked a couple of her CD's out from the library after watching her on Eli's newest favorite show, Jack's Big Music Show. It is often that I hear him singing a song from one of her CD's. The cutest is when he sings as soon as he wakes up in the morning or from his nap. He has a sweet little voice. I absolutely LOVE to watch his mouth work so hard to get out all of the words to the faster songs. And when Eli is giving me fits, he wins me right back over with moments like these. He's a cute little bugger!

And I just HAVE to share some pictures of the world's cutest preggo: my sister, Theresa!

___

She is 34 weeks in these photos and looking DIVINE! And staying so active! We are so excited to meet little "RJ" next month!

(link to ALL of March's pictures....BEWARE! there are a LOT!)
_

1 comment:

  1. Theresa looks wonderful and the scenery is breathtaking. She must be in great shape physically. WOW.

    Of course, Eli look cute as always. Looks like he was having a great time. All boy .......

    Love,
    Grandma C

    ReplyDelete