Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Officially Fall

So, as September comes to a close, I am finally ready to admit that FALL is officially here. Florida residents don't get much in the way of fall weather, but we are enjoying temperatures in the mid-80's as opposed to the mid-90's. And I'm no meteorologist, but I'm pretty darn certain that the humidity levels have dropped as well. The mornings and evenings have a crispness to them that invite you to welcome in fall.

There are several things, besides the cooling weather, that make fall my favorite season. I have decided that I can go ahead and confess that I love most things pumpkin. I enjoy looking at pumpkins, carving pumpkins, calling Eli "punkin'", but even more so, eating pumpkins! I am game for just about anything flavored with pumpkin spice....and it makes me taste and feel fall.

I love me some non-fat, no-whip (although i do indulge in the whip every now and again...it makes it oh-so-much-more delicious) Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks. Normally, I prefer iced coffee, but this is a flavor that, to me, is only good hot! These cooler mornings have tempted me to stop at the Bucks-o'-Star a few too many times...more than I probably should...

And then there is the tasty pumpkin cream cheese here for a limited time at Brueggers. Rumor has it that it is only around until Halloween...what is up with that? I bought a tub and it is halfway gone already...Eli and Matt are fans as well. If you like pumpkin flavor and you like cream cheese....hurry up and go try it. It is delightful on the also limited time baked apple bagels. They even have a yummy pumpkin cheese cake recipe that I'm eager to try:

BRUEGGER'S PUMPKIN CREAM CHEESE RECIPE FOR PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE
  • (4) Bruegger's Pumpkin Cream Cheese containers
  • (2) 9" prepared graham cracker crusts
  • 1 1/2 c sugar
  • 5 large eggs
  • 2 tsp vanilla
Preparation:
Preheat oven to 325° F. Mix cream cheese until softened in mixer for 1 minute. Add sugar gradually while maintaining mixing. Scrape down sides of bowl. Add eggs one at a time, blending after each addition. Add vanilla; mix thoroughly. Pour batter into prepared graham cracker crusts. Bake at 325° F for 30-35 minutes. Cool completely, then refrigerate.

I love pumpkin bread.

I love pumpkin rolls.

I love pumpkin muffins.

But surprisingly, I'm not a fan of pumpkin pie. I think that is more that I'm not a pie fan...I don't really like pastry pie crusts. If it were in a graham cracker crust...I might like it more. Hmmm...maybe I should try that.

I am just so stinkin' excited that fall is upon us. Eli has been happy with the cooler weather as well. We're starting to make plans and get ready for Halloween around here. While at Target, Eli picked these out, and we found a spot for them in our guest bathroom. Next project, figure out what Eli will be for Halloween...he has a few ideas he's choosing from. You'll have to check back in a month to see what he chose.

As usual, September flew by. Eli had fun spending time with both sets of grandparents this month. He wows them with his song singing and counting these days. I love listening to him count cars, trucks, and buses and sing songs to himself as we drive around town. Many times, I join in...only to have Eli *shoosh* me as he finishes on his own. Now that the weather is more inviting, you can often find us at a park...Eli has become a fan of the monkey bars. He hasn't mastered them yet, but he's onto something.

Hope everyone had a delightful September...bring on October!

You can check out this month's pictures HERE.

2 comments:

  1. All the pumpkin talk is making me hungry... although on second thought, during this pregnancy, pretty much anything sugary has not gone down too well. :( Which is really sad, because normally, I'm such a sweet tooth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget our favorite cat, Pumpkin Someck!! We got her on Halloween when we were in Augusta.

    Yes, Pumpkin is a flavor that's not over-exploited. Not a fan of pumpkin pie (texture, of course), but I'm willing to give pumpkin flavored treats a try, once.

    ReplyDelete