Monday, August 25, 2008

I Did It!!! (x3)

I did it! I didn't think I could...honestly. And in fact, I successfully made 3 tote bags this weekend. (Thanks for the tip, Darby!)

I'm definitely still a novice when it comes to sewing, so don't look too closely. I am truly proud of my pretty totes. I can now carry my books to school, book club, etc. in style! :) Look out, everybody! You now know what you'll be getting from me for Christmas . (just kidding....ok, maybe not...)

This is one of the things that kept me busy this rainy/tropical storm-filled weekend. We had no school on Friday thanks to TS Fay. That day wasn't too bad. Eli and I managed to get out that morning to buy this fabric and play at the indoor playground at Chik-Fil-A. The +/- 15 inches of rain started that night and has not yet stopped. Well, yesterday and today...it has been on and off, but not dry enough to get out and play that much.

Friday, Eli and I passed the afternoon baking delicious oatmeal raisin cookies (healthily - is that a word? - with raw sugar and part whole wheat flour). Eli loved pouring in each ingredient and then mixing in the oats and raisins. His favorite part = eating the dough. As they say, apples don't fall far from the tree...his mama and dada LOVE sampling the dough too! Eli has quickly learned the word "Cookie" and is eager to ask to sample his homemade tasty treats.

__
Fort building was fun Saturday. Dada did a much better job than Mama...should have gotten a picture of Dada's. Saturday was also full of coloring, ramp building, mowing the carpet, and later, hosting Grandma and Grandpa Snyder who had lost power despite owning a generator. Crazy, right?
We survived....and just when we thought it was all over....more rain today, and still flooded/closed roads. It took us 1 1/2 hours to get to school today due to my impatience. I'll go ahead and take the blame there. I tried to take an alternate route to avoid traffic only to have to turn around and get at the END of the line going BACK into the traffic that I tried to get out of in the first place. Frustration was at an all time high! Not a great start to the day, but I'm feeling better after stopping on the way home from school for a LARGE iced coffee.

And as for school starting last week...Eli loves it! I'm still warming up to it. I don't love it yet, but hoping (and praying...) it gets better.

2 comments:

  1. oh... and eli w/that smile!! i could eat him up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. kt,
    i love them, especially the green, blue & purple one!!! and i didn't know you were back to teaching... we need to catch up!!

    ReplyDelete