Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Colorado Bound!

I'm headed to CO for our First Annual Sister Trip! I am extremely excited to get away with my sisters for a vacation full of adventure, fun, and sister bonding....that being said, I'm getting nervous too. I know I've spent a weekend away from my little man, but this will be more like a week. On top of that, Matt has a busy work schedule ahead, so Eli will be spending his days with a fantabulous baby sitter. If you remember from a prior post, we've not really left Eli with sitters much. Hmmmmm....

At the moment my excitement is currently outweighing my anxiety, so I'm hanging in there.

Eli's trying to stow away in Mama's suitcase

I'm also trying to leave EVERYTHING my boys and the sitter could possibly want or need. I've been making lists, typing up routines, and organizing emergency contact sheets. The kitchen has been working on overdrive to prepare dinners, snacks, and veggies for while I'm gone. I've finally finished that task and then moved onto cleaning the house. I don't want our sweet sitter to have to spend all day in our messy clutter and non-dusted/vacuumed house. And oh yeah, laundry! I need to pack from a clean closet...all my faves need to be ready to go! Plus, I want Eli (and yes, Matt too) to have clean clothes. Phew!

Luckily, I'm starting to feel like I have almost accomplished it all. I'm sure I'm forgetting something...but that is what tomorrow is for!
_
Please pray for safe and easy travel for those of us sissies flying across country tomorrow night. And then you can pray that we all get out to Steamboat Springs safely...and have a blast! And if you don't mind a quick prayer for my boys, our sitter, and my anxious heart and mind. Thank you so much!
_
It is going to be a fun week filled with rock climbing, hiking, kayaking, and more. I can't wait to tell you guys all about it.

Now, back to folding laundry and hiding clutter. Wheee!

* p.s. please note that the monthly post will picture link will come after my return from CO *
_

2 comments:

  1. I'll be praying... we're going on an adventure ourselves this weekend! I can't wait to see your pics & hear all about it when you return!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Safe travels and have a wonderful time:)
    Christina

    ReplyDelete