Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Approval Rating

Man oh man...all kinds of things have been going on since we last posted.

Eli had his 18 month doctor visit late last week. He has really hit a growth spurt these last few months. He is coming in average in both height and weight. This is a big jump on the growth chart for our previously *short* little man. His noggin is still extra big for his extra big brain! :) I always come away from our appointments feeling like my child is a genius. All of the nurses (and the doctor) tell us how advanced he is and how great he is doing. I am always so proud. Then, Eli had to go and show-off when it came time for his one shot. He did not even FLINCH! No tears, no whimper, nothing! What a stud!!!

Eli has also been enjoying his music classes. We sing, do movement, play instruments, cuddle and more. We had our third class this week, and he has really started to get more involved. We like the small group, and he's *usually* so sweet to the friends he's making in the group. Mama's making friends too! :)

I am proud of me and Matt...we hired a babysitter Saturday night! :) Although we only took baby steps into the world of "going out." Eli was bathed and in bed before the babysitter even got there! We'll work our way up to actually leaving him *awake* with a sitter in the evenings. We had fun celebrating Travis's birthday with him. We enjoyed a nice dinner with friends and some live music on the patio. Eli, as expected, slept through it all and never knew we were gone! We'll have to try that again soon...it was well worth it!

It has been a quiet week so far, but a funny little story to share from this morning. Eli had just finished his blueberry waffle and was asking for more. When I asked him what he would like next, he quite clearly signed and said "ahp all" a.k.a. "apple". After some confusion as to whether or not he really wanted it, I brought it over to the table. I guess he was pleased with this because he said, "good Mama!" I laughed so hard. It is nice to know he approves of me!
_

1 comment:

  1. I know, I love it when James says, "Good job, Mommy!" It always makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete